Founded in 1994, Damasko produces some of the toughest and most advanced tool watches in the world, all made in their Barbing, Germany facilities.
The everyday tool watch; redefined. The DS 30 Windup Edition is a discreet, modern wrist watch with an understated attitude. At 39mm wide and 9.9mm thick, it’s an all day kind of watch, easily slipping under a cuff and not taking up too much wrist space. The dial has a graphic sensibility, using bold markers instead of numerals, and a cross-hair that adds a technical feel to the design. For the Windup Edition straight sword hands have been added, playing off the rectangular markers of dial. The date has also been moved to six o'clock to better preserve the dial's symmetry.
Despite its perceived simplicity, the DS 30 boasts some fantastic tech and materials, such as a hardened submarine-steel case, DAMEST® coating (black case models only), 200m water resistance and Damasko’s patented crown and gasket systems. (More on the tech below the gallery)
Inside of the DS 30 is the ETA 2824-2 Elaboré movement, a Swiss-made automatic workhorse movement. This caliber features 25-jewels, 38-hour power reserve, date, a frequency of 28,800 bph and hacking seconds (the second hand stops when the crown is pulled out). The 2824 is a tried and true movement, thus making it a reliable favorite.
- Case: Matte Hardened Submarine Steel
- Dial: Matte Olive
- Movement: ETA 2824-2 Elaboré
- Winding: Automatic
- Complications: Date
- Lens: Front + Back AR-Coated Sapphire
- Strap: Brown or Black Leather
- Water Res.: 200m
- Diameter: 39mm
- Length: 46mm
- Thickness: 9.95mm
- Lug Width: 20mm
- Technologies Listed Below Gallery
- Edge Hardened Submarine Steel: This highly scratch-resistant steel also offers magnetic field protection up to 4,800 A/m and extra corrosion .
- Black DAMEST® Coating (black case models): The unique multi-layer DAMEST® coating used for cases, crowns and pushers is unlike other black coatings used in the watch industry, providing additional scratch resistance (2500HV) as well as surface resistance to impact.
- Damasko Crown System, Gaskets and Lubrication: The screw-down crown features several technologies to create a more durable and long lasting crown. This includes an innovative and robust decoupling system, allowing the crown to disengage the movement when needed, two Viton gaskets for improved water sealing and a patented permanent lubrication cell that keeps everything moving. Additionally, the crown tube is screwed in using a special key, thus if it were damaged, it can be replaced more easily.
- DIN certified: Shockproof according to DIN 8308 Anti-magnetic according to DIN 8309 Waterproof as per DIN 8310