Founded in 1994, Damasko produces some of the toughest and most advanced tool watches in the world. Over the past 24 years, Damasko has pushed the durability of the mechanical watch to its absolute limit, through in-house developed, patented technologies.
The DC 57 is Damasko’s pure expression of the modern pilot’s chronograph enhanced with a full-lume dial. The dial stays true to the core principles of the pilot’s watch, featuring easy to read, bold numerals and markers, as well as large hands and their signature offset date. The full-lume dial increases the legibility day or night. The chronograph functions add a layer of technical complexity but not distraction, as they’ve been well-incorporated into the design. At 40mm it’s a comfortable all-day size as well. In true form, the DC 57’s modest appearance belies the bounty of tech it holds, including an ice-hardened steel case (the black version also features their DAMEST® coating), magnetic field protection and Damasko’s patented crown and gasket systems. (More on the tech below the gallery)
Powering the DC 57 is a modified ETA/Valjoux 7750 caliber. This Swiss-made automatic chronograph is the industry standard for automatic chronographs, celebrated for its reliability and robustness. The 7750 features 25-jewels, hand-winding, day, date, chronograph, 42-hour power reserve, a frequency of 28,800 bph and hacking seconds (the second-hand stops when the crown is pulled out). Damasko modifies the day and date with custom disks that appear offset on the dial, but with the correct horizontal layout.
Watches are hand-built and ship within 4 weeks of order.
- Case: Matte Hardened Submarine Steel
- Dial: Full-lume White
- Movement: Modified ETA/Valjoux 7750
- Winding: Automatic Wind
- Complications: Chronograph, Offset Day + Date
- Lens: Front + Back AR-Coated Sapphire
- Strap: Brown or Black Leather
- Water Res.: 100m
- Diameter: 40mm
- Length: 48.2mm
- Thickness: 13.8mm
- Lug Width: 20mm
- Technologies Listed Below Gallery
- Ice Hardened Steel: Damasko’s proprietary ice-hardened steel is four times harder than traditional stainless steel, making their cases exceptionally scratch resistant. Unlike other hardening processes, Damasko’s cases are hardened all the way through.
- Black DAMEST® (DC57 Black only): The unique multi-layer DAMEST® coating used for cases, crowns and pushers is unlike other black coatings used in the watch industry, providing additional scratch resistance (2500HV) as well as surface resistance to impact.
- DIN Certified Anti-Magnetism: Resistance to magnetic fields up to 80,000 A/m is ensured by a specialized three-part inner case made of martensitic stainless steel comprised of the dial, movement retaining ring and a second inner caseback, forming a full anti-magnetic cage for the movement.
- Damasko Crown System, Gaskets and Lubrication: The screw-down crown features several technologies to create a more durable and long lasting crown. This includes an innovative and robust decoupling system, allowing the crown to disengage the movement when needed, two Viton gaskets for improved water sealing and a patented permanent lubrication cell that keeps everything moving. Additionally, the crown tube is screwed in using a special key, thus if it were damaged, it can be replaced more easily.
- DIN certified: Shockproof according to DIN 8308 Anti-magnetic according to DIN 8309 Waterproof as per DIN 8310