Founded in 1994, Damasko produces some of the toughest and most advanced tool watches in the world. Over the past 24 years, Damasko has pushed the durability of the mechanical watch to its absolute limit, through in-house developed, patented technologies.
The DC 80 Bi-color is the pinnacle of Damasko’s line of pilot chronographs. Featuring their largely in-house C51-1 automatic chronograph movement, the DC 80 is one of the few watches currently on the market with a central minute counter. That means no small sub-dial to count elapsed minutes on, they are tracked right there on the main dial. This makes them much easier to see at a glance, and the chronograph much more useful. Beyond the movement, the DC 80 has a striking non-numerical dial design, and a thoroughly modern case packed with all of the Damasko technology you’ve come to expect, such as an ice-hardened steel, anti-magnetic shielding and more.
This special bi-color version features Damasko's incredibly tough black DAMEST® coating on the bezel edge, crown and pushers, giving it an extra aggressive look.
The C51-1 movement is based on the venerable Valjoux 7750, but has been largely re-worked to change its functionality in-house by Damasko. The new C51-1 features 27-jewels, automatic and manual winding, jumping central-minute counter and a frequency of 28,800 bph. Being based on the 7750, you can be certain this is a strong and reliable chronograph.
If you wish to customize this product or specify a different strap, please message us using the Help button on the bottom of the page.
This Product Ships Free Worldwide
- Case: Matte Ice-Hardened Steel
- Dial: Matte Black
- Movement: Damasko C51-1 (ETA 7750 Base)
- Winding: Automatic Wind
- Complications: Central Minute Counter Chronograph
- Lens: Front + Back AR-Coated Sapphire
- Strap: Black Leather
- Water Res.: 100m
- Diameter: 42mm
- Length: 50mm
- Thickness: 13.9mm
- Lug Width: 22mm
- Technologies Listed Below Gallery
- Ice Hardened Steel: Damasko’s proprietary ice-hardened steel is four times harder than traditional stainless steel, making their cases exceptionally scratch resistant. Unlike other hardening processes, Damasko’s cases are hardened all the way through.
- Black DAMEST® Coating: The unique multi-layer DAMEST® coating used for cases, crowns and pushers is unlike other black coatings used in the watch industry, providing additional scratch resistance (2500HV) as well as surface resistance to impact.
- Damasko Bezel: 60-click bezel, bi-directional mechanism with ceramic bearings for exact alignment. Insert and bezel made from hardened, DAMEST® coated material.
- DIN Certified Anti-Magnetism: Resistance to magnetic fields up to 80,000 A/m is ensured by a specialized three-part inner case made of martensitic stainless steel comprised of the dial, movement retaining ring and a second inner caseback, forming a full anti-magnetic cage for the movement.
- Damasko Crown System, Gaskets and Lubrication: The screw-down crown features several technologies to create a more durable and long lasting crown. This includes an innovative and robust decoupling system, allowing the crown to disengage the movement when needed, two Viton gaskets for improved water sealing and a patented permanent lubrication cell that keeps everything moving. Additionally, the crown tube is screwed in using a special key, thus if it were damaged, it can be replaced more easily.
- DIN certified: Shockproof according to DIN 8308; Anti-magnetic according to DIN 8309; Waterproof as per DIN 8310